I've been making coleslaw this way for years, but ever since the first bite of this wonderfully creamy recipe, I have never been able to eat coleslaw any other way.
If we go out to eat it is a waste of time to put coleslaw on my plate, because nothing can measure up to this. It really is The Best ColeSlaw EVER! In my humble opinion anyway <grin>.
The dressing is, of course, what makes coleslaw so terrific. For this recipe it is important to use Miracle Whip. The original Miracle Whip. If you use the light or fat free or just regular mayo the taste will suffer. I'm sorry to have to break it to you like that, but it's true. Miracle Whip all the way for this recipe!
The Best ColeSlaw Ever
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2/3 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional)
- In a measuring cup combine 2/3 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional). Whisk this all together until combined well. Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Put the entire bag of coleslaw mix into a mid-sized bowl with 2 tablespoons diced onion. Pour the salad dressing mix on top of the coleslaw and stir to coat the slaw. Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. It will taste good, but you'll be surprised how much better it is after some time in the fridge!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Tags: coleslaw, sweet, restaurant quality, tangy, appetizer, side, vegetable, dressing, salad, Miracle Whip
recipe adapted from allrecipes.com Sweet Restaurant Slaw