Feb 3, 2014

Tilapia Burger

Tilapia Burger with Mango Salsa | LifeTastesGood.blogspot.com Tilapia Burger with Fresh Mango Salsa: If you've read any of my recipe posts on fish, then you know I'm not a huge fan. Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa was the first fish recipe I tried and actually loved! I have been a fan of tilapia ever since. Truth is, tilapia doesn't taste like fish. It really doesn't taste like anything, which is a good thing for a non-fish eater who wants to eat fish for the health benefits but just can't stomach it. This girl! 

Last week I came across a recipe for Ahi Fish Burgers, and I thought 'ahi is not toooo fishy, and I like the idea of a burger, so why not?' I'll tell you why not... because I had a couple of tilapia fillets in the freezer I wanted to use up. I was a little bummed and then inspiration struck! 'If you can make a burger out of ahi, why can't you make it out of tilapia??' Why not indeed! my brain must have been firing on all cylinders that day, or I just really wanted a burger made out of fish, which is probably more realistic, but either way my idea just got better! 'why not base it on my favorite fish recipe?' No reason! Sounds good to me!! And it was good!! No, it was great!! 

This is a delicious, good-for-you burger that is bursting with flavor! The salsa is ah-mazing, and finished with a toasted bun and some baked sweet potato fries... oh yeah! Life Tastes Good! You've got to try this!

Tilapia Burger

Life Tastes Good
Published 02/03/2014
Tilapia Burger

Ingredients

  • Easy Mango Salsa
  • 1 lb Tilapia Fillets
  • 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley
  • 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Mayo
  • 4 burger buns

Instructions

  1. Prepare the Easy Mango Salsa early in the day or at least an hour before you plan to use it. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
  2. Preheat grill pan to 375 degrees F. Mince the Tilapia. I did this in a food processor to grind it up pretty well, but you can mince with a knife as well. In a bowl combine 1 lb minced tilapia, 1/2 tablespoon parsley, 1/2 tablespoon fresh, minced garlic, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well to combine all ingredients and then form into 4 patties.
  3. Spray the grill pan with cooking spray and grill the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Let them grill without moving them for at least 3 minutes and then you can slip a spatula under them to see if they will release from the pan. If they are ready to flip they should release fairly easily. If they seem stuck to the pan then give them another 30 seconds to a minute before you flip and then cook another 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
  4. Spread mayo on both sides of buns and place them face down in the grill pan. Grill until warmed and toasted to your liking.
  5. Top each bun with a tilapia patty and a generous helping of Easy Mango Salsa and enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00:20
Cook time: 8


2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious Marion! I bet the salsa complimented it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee! We loved this. It was a wonderful treat! When mangoes are more readily available, I bet we'll be eating this a lot!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>