Mar 3, 2014

Cookie Brownies

Last week I remembered I had a Pinterest Board titled Recipes I need to Try. I've been pinning away to this board with good intentions, but somehow I never seem to get back to it. Pin 'em and forget 'em! That's what I do! It's the thought that counts, right?

While I was scrolling through looking for inspiration and salivating over all the beautiful pictures, I was stopped in my tracks when I came upon a picture of stacked deliciousness! I didn't really know what it was. I was a little confused because it had what looked like a brownie on the bottom and chocolate chip cookie on the top! This is a thing??

I thought to myself, 'who is the genius that that came up with this?' I just had to know, so I clicked on the picture only to find it was spam! <GASP> I was so sad. I needed that recipe... 


My AHA moments are on some sort of permanent vacation, so it took me a minute (or 5) to realize I have a great chocolate chip cookie recipe AND an awesome brownie recipe, so why don't I just experiment with those and make my own?!! DUH!! Thus a beautiful union was formed and my Cookie Brownies were born! Oooh they are tasty little morsels that are so easy to make! They do disappear almost as quickly as they appear so be warned! Hide them before anyone realizes what you've done!! There's no shame in that!!


Cookie Brownies

Life Tastes Good
Published 03/03/2014
Cookie Brownies

Ingredients

  • 2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 2.5 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 4.5 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons buttermilk (you may use whole milk)
  • 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1.5 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1.5 sticks)
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. Prepare The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie dough as directed and set aside.
  2. Prepare my Easy One Bowl Brownies as directed and set aside.
  3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F., and grease and flour mini muffin pans. This will make approximately 48 Cookie Brownies.
  4. Using the brownie batter first, fill each mini muffin cup 1/2 way with brownie batter (about a 1/2 tablespoon each).
  5. Add a teaspoon of cookie dough on top of the brownie batter in each muffin cup. You will have more cookie dough than brownie batter, so you can make chocolate chip cookies too! Bonus!
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookie is nicely browned on top.
Yield: about 48
Prep Time: 00:15
Cook time: 00:10

6 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>